domingo, 27 de junho de 2010

Arriving in Accra

I couldn't have picked a better day to travel to this country

The party was already starting on the aeroplane while the captain of the BA flight was keeping us updated with the score of the world cup between Ghana and United States.

I've always heard that Africa has a particular smell in the air witch is very hard to forget. The first thing I did was to take a deep breath and absorb all that. I would like to put in words all that I felt but I just can't do it.
The only thing I can do it to invite you all for a visit. You wont regret it.

In the airport, you can actually feel a very warm welcome by the locals. People here are extremely nice and they really have a firm handshake.
I was taking care of my Visa when the game ended. As you know, Ghana won. At that moment nothing really matters any more. Not even all the problems that they might be facing on a day-to-day basis. At that moment, the only thing that matters is that Ghana won the game.

This morning I had the opportunity to take a look to the surroundings. I took a few shots but the moisture in the air was so intense that my camera lens was all foggy as soon I turn the camera on.

Here are some photos taken from the balcony of my apartment















http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accra

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário